Friday, September 3, 2010

Psalm 20:7 (8/26/10)

I spoke with the NBC officer yesterday morning, and she agreed that the wording was great, and she would start working the file, but could not complete it until she received the original signature. I called our social worker and gave her approval to put the home study in a UPS package, to arrive at the NBC office today.

As Jenn left for work this morning, I knew she was nervous with her first open house at school in almost 12 years of semi-retirement. I hoped that our Word would find some comfort for her, and Father led me to Psalm 27. I read and gave her some scripture from this passage that would prayerfully give her some comfort. And Psalm 20:7 was our verse over this process for the day:

“Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we will trust in the name of the LORD our God.”

The first prayer that hit me on this passage was that we could not count on immigration approval, China or anyone else for the day’s decisions for getting us to our daughter. We are to trust solely in our Father’s name for anything! Again, this passage reminded us to put it all in His hands to handle. What a cool (yet scary) promise. We are such a hands-on, controlling society, and we have such a hard time releasing these “tough” decisions to Him. When we were little, didn’t we always give our hard decisions to our parents to answer??? (Or if you are like me now, you give the hard decisions to your wife, right????)

As of the end of today, still no word from NBC. We will see what tomorrow brings.

In Him,
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment