Monday, September 13, 2010

Our story of Fu LeWei

We were first introduced to WeiWei with a late night phone call on 6/21/2010 – 3 years and 1 day after our LID of our dossier` to China. Stephanie, at GWCA, was in charge of our account when it came to the Waiting Child (special needs) program. A list is sent to all adoption agencies 1-2 times per week – called the Shared List – with all new children who were admitted to the Waiting Child program in China. This program is growing in China, as they are having a lot of special needs children adopted more often than non-special needs children the past few months. We signed up to for this program in January of this year, after spending time in prayer, knowing this was the direction for us, as a burden was placed deeper on our hearts for all the orphans in China. We felt we were capable (only with our Father’s hand) to care for needs as they were presented.)


That Monday night, my phone rang just after 11:00. I had just gone to bed and did not rush to the phone. When I picked it up, it was a different area code, and I figured it was a wrong number, then went back to bed. After an early morning jog that next morning, I picked up my phone and checked my email at the same time. What I saw and what I heard on the voice mail caused me to drop to my knees in tears. All I knew was that Stephanie stepped out in faith that night to select our daughter…..and I did not know who she was. But I knew that she was our daughter. All I knew was that she had what some considered a “need” that we are receiving as a blessing.

Before I did anything (still on my knees), I picked up His Word and He led me to Psalm 139:13-16:
“For You created my inmost being; You knit me in my mother’s womb. I praise You for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.”

My Father told me at that time that this was our daughter, and I could not wait to open the present that He was laying out there for us.

I woke up Jenn from her slumber (still early for Jenn in the summer….but who could wait?), and when the fog of what I said reached her brain, her first reaction was typical of this awesome lady. Without saying a word, she slid from the covers straight to her knees to pray. It was such a special time, and we knew that His plan was perfect, no matter what would happen….and still believe this four months later.

Later that morning, Stephanie sent over WeiWei’s file, and it was better than any Christmas package as I waited for the email to open up. What a doll!!! I could not believe that we would deserve such a little girl as this. I was like a proud papa already that morning.

I had to remember that at baseball practice that night. Jenn called me after speaking with our social worker, with both of them going over the medical records. As we reviewed the records, we all read something in the report that we misinterpreted, but did not know that until the next morning. I had to go back to our prayer that morning that no matter what happened, that this sweet little girl would be someone’s daughter, and I still had to believe that.

Early that next morning, Stephanie confirmed that the report was right, and we could breathe again. PTL!!! Then started the 36 hour rat race that reminded us of the paper chase that started this whole journey 3+ years before. We had until Thursday evening to get everything completed and back to GWCA to let the CCAA that we wanted LeWei as our daughter, and that we felt we could take care of her needs.

In case we have not told you in person, the special need that WeiWei has was caused by what the doctors believe was an “amniotic Band syndrome”, which caused her to be born without her lower left forearm. So she is missing her forearm just past her elbow. Special need???? As we have told many people, what is considered a need to those in WeiWei’s past is a special blessing that we will receive…..and we cannot wait!!!

Our Father has already opened so many doors to families in our community that have children with this same thing. The young ladies we have met are incredible, and they have neat stories of how God has used this “need” to show His Glory to those who desire to know more about them. We pray to give WeiWei the same opportunity.

We look forward to you meeting WeiWei is less than one month!

Soli Deo Gloria!!
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment