Friday, September 3, 2010

A Day of Anticipation (8/30/10)

After a weekend of getting over not hearing anything for the end of last week, we did not say much to each other about “Will we hear anything today???” It was obvious we both thought of it and were waiting for an answer to our immigration approval.

My anticipation grew as I drove to work. As I arrived at work, a passage of scripture came over my email that referenced Psalm 27:14, and at that point, I muttered “Ok, Father, I get the hint…”:

“Wait on the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.” (How did King David know I needed that word of encouragement today???)

I took note of the scripture and (tried to) rested on that command through the day. All the while, I was checking email and my phone for communication from the NBC. Jenn was sending short “Anything???” emails as well. But even after multiple emails to the NBC officer that day, we still got nothing.

Finally, I reached out to our awesome travel coordinator at GWCA to get her advice. She mentioned to ask for permission to talk to the officer through an email from me. Eventually, GWCA was able to get through to the officer at the NBC (who we know is swamped with many of these same requests). The NBC officer replied back to GWCA in just a few minutes of the email from GWCA. YAY!!! But she informed GWCA that she never located our home study that arrived last Thursday morning at the NBC office. That threw me off, and we grew a little frustrated at no response from NBC, while we could have done something more. But we had to let that go to know that eventually some headway was made today.

As I drove home that afternoon, I tried to get over the frustration of losing 3 days in the process, and I popped open my handy Bible that I keep with me pretty much everywhere I go and read back in Psalm 27. Psalm 27:8 is a verse that was another reminder that our Father knows best – and what He wants from us. King David (the psalmist) reminded me of the reason we wait (hope) in the Lord:

“My heart says of you “Seek His face!” Your face LORD, I will seek.”

This reminds us of being parents and having our children ask us of things, only to hear “Just wait a minute.” Then they follow us around to get the answer, all the while, they are seeking our response on our faces or in our voice. That is how our Father desires us to approach Him and His throne…..with anticipation…..seeking Him more. The reason we wait on our Father is to experience and see Him to show us His “good stuff”.

One more thought from today(promise)…. As I drove home, I recalled a conversation one year ago at this time with a good friend at work. We were in the arduous process of trying to sell our dream home, and Jenn was looking to get back into the teaching profession after 12 years of taking raising our children. I mentioned to my friend that “It would all be solved and be much easier if we could just sell our home and we knew the answer for what was best for Jenn as a teaching position.” Sounded like a perfect plan at the time. However, as we journeyed over the next few months and through the school year, we experienced the Lord’s provision and His hand of Grace over our lives that obviously gave us the answer that “His plan was the perfect plan”…..and we had to wait on it.

More tomorrow……hopefully!!

In Him,
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment